This tool is primarily to make assigning colors to meshes in Maya quicker, easier and more intuitive, it has a number of features:
- Set RGB or HSV settings in either 0-1 range or 255 range.
- Set colors per channel, unticked channels will be unaffected.
- Quick and easy display of vertex colors, this is not a toggle but an on or off setting.
- Assign random colors on either a per object or per vertex basis. This can use the optional min/max settings to give much greater control over the result.
- Check the values of a vertex and copy that value to the tool to allow assigning elsewhere
- Copy one vertex color channel to another.
- Fix colorSets, this will attempt to clean up colorSets to make assist with exporting to external applications such as Unreal Engine.
Can be used for commercial use.
Tested with Maya 2020.
This script is written in Python so will not work for Maya LT.
This script can work with Maya 2022 but will not currently work in Maya 2022 out of the box. The issue is that Maya 2022 uses python 3 and this script was written in python 2, here is instructions on how to use scripts using python 2 in Maya 2022: https://matiascodesal.com/blog/how-to-launch-maya-2022-with-python-2-if-you-are-not-ready-for-python-3/
I intend to update it to work with Python 3 so it will work without any additional action.
A tool for assigning vertex color values in Maya.
- A tool for assigning vertex color values in Maya.